The PEP Partnership provides programme management and influencing services through the SPARKS Network, an association of local authorities and others concerned with the issues of traffic enforcement across national borders.
SPARKS has successfully campaigned for changes to the UK law regarding the sharing of data about vehicle registration, with the result that the police and local authorities may now receive from DVLA, the UK registration authority, details of foreign vehicle ownership.
Audio webcast with Ministry of Justice and European Commission
SPARKS was created in 2005 as a result of an initiative by Bill Blakemore of the PEP Partnership LLP and London's traffic enforcement authorities - the London Councils orgainsation, a number of London boroughs and Transport for London.
Activities have included
- research into the impact of foreign registered vehicles on UK roads
- EU-funded legal research into cross-border enforcement issues
- lobbying MEPs for changes to the draft directive on road safety
- working with Westminster MPs to change the Local Transport Bill
- Building the membership association
- Commenting in the national media about UK and EU enforcement
See the TV interview of Bill Blakemore, speaking on behalf of SPARKS after the publication of the draft directive on road safety.
Members of the SPARKS Network include:
- London Councils
- Transport for London
- South East Parking Managers group ( district councils in Kent)
- Metropolitan Police
- British Parking Association
- Amsterdam municipality
- Antwerp municipality
- Flemish local councils association
- The London boroughs of Hillingdon, Barnet and Enfield
- The City of Westminster
- Leicester City Council
The SPARKS Network website is at www.sparksnet.org.
Sign Up to PEP E-news
Have you ever:
- Asked yourself, “How can I get away from this boring person?”
- Forgotten somebody’s name as soon as you are introduced?
- Not known what to say, after you have been introduced?
- Felt like a pushy salesman when trying to follow-up?
If your answer to any one of these questions is “Yes”, then Pippa’s pocket guide is a must for you.
Skills & Training
For the public and legal sector we provide skills development through bespoke training and coaching services which we tailor-make to your requirements. We cover a wide range of training on management, business development, project and risk management. We provide this in-house and through webcasts and conference calls.
Please contact us. We should be delighted to help. >>
The PEP Partnership LLP is owned and managed by Bill and Pippa Blakemore.
Portrait photos taken by Nick Atkins
Our Point of View